VOA legistimate?

Information about Vietnam visa on arrival

VOA legistimate?

Unread postby Meour » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am

About to head to Vietnam in 3 days. Has anyone used service for pre approval for visa on arrival? I have just read the notes on the Embassy and they warn against using them :(
Meour

Re: VOA legistimate?

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:18 am

Meour wrote:About to head to Vietnam in 3 days. Has anyone used service for pre approval for visa on arrival? I have just read the notes on the Embassy and they warn against using them :(

Take no notice of the embassy website warning - they're concerned only about losing visa revenue. The approval letters are issued by the Department of Immigration and are thoroughly legitimate.
Apply online takes some minutes, and don't forget to take a passport photo with you, plus US$ to pay for the stamping fee upon arrival. Since you did not mention your visa type, you can see fee for stamping here: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/inf ... a-fees.asp
Cadric

Unread postby Meour » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

Hi again, thanks for the info.
I have just received an email with an attachment that looks like a list of names with my name on it. And there's a red stamp at the bottom. Looks kind of official I guess. I have been told to take in to the visa on arrival desk... With 45$ USA for 1 month single entry visa
Does anyone know if Aussie dollars will do? has anyone paid in aus $?
Meour

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 am

Stamping fee is quoted in US$ so you'd better prepare US$. Besides you can pay in VND. Some people said you can pay with other hard currencies like UK Pound, AU$, ... but the exchange rate applied is not good for you.
Cadric

Return to Visa on arrival