When to get visa?

Information about Vietnam visa on arrival

When to get visa?

Unread postby Erland » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 am

Would it be better to get my vietnam visa while im in Sydney before traveling, or would it be easier to obtain the visa while im in cambodia a week or so prior to entering the country?
Erland

Re: When to get visa?

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

It depends, in my opinion you should have it done before the trip. If you go to Vietnam from Cambodia by air, you can arrange to get a visa approval letter. If you enter Vietnam by land you have to get visa in advance. It is alright to get Vietnam visa in Cambodia, the price seems lower than in Australia but you have to check Public Holiday in Cambodia and Vietnam as the Embassy closes both on Vietnam and Cambodia Holidays.
Cadric

Unread postby Phyn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

Hi all
I know this question has been here a million times - just wondering if I need to get a visa for vietnam before I depart Australia or if I can get one at the airport at Ho Chi Minh?
Thanks for your help
Phyn

Unread postby Cadric » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 am

You can get visa on arival, at Vietnam airport. But unlike Laos or Cambodia visa on arrival, you have to get visa approved in advance for Vietnam visa on arrival. To get your visa approved, you have to use service of a Vietnam travel company. They will help you to get Vietnam visa approval letter, then you bring the letter to get visa at Vietnam airport.
Cadric

Return to Visa on arrival