Do I need to apply for a transit visa?

Information about Vietnam visa on arrival

Do I need to apply for a transit visa?

Unread postby Ilana » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello
I'm a mexican citizen and I wanna travel at the end of february to Cambodia, and I need to choose a connecting flight through Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi, do I need to apply for a transit visa? I cannot find it in the website.
Best regards!
Ilana

Re: Do I need to apply for a transit visa?

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:10 pm

If you keep stay inside, just wait for the next flight, you do not need visa.
If you have to check-out, get luggage and check-in again for the next flight you have to apply for visa.
You should consult your air agent about your connecting flight.
Cadric

Unread postby Quinby » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 am

I will be traveling around the region for a few months and my flight back home to the US is booked through Ho Chi Minh City. On my last day, I will be flying from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Ho Chi Minh where I will have about six hours before my flight home. I do not plan on leaving the airport.
My question is will the Cambodia airline let me board without a Vietnam visa if I just show them my travel itinerary to fly out of Ho Chi Minh that night without actually entering the country?
Quinby

Unread postby Karic » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:34 am

Quinby wrote:I will be traveling around the region for a few months and my flight back home to the US is booked through Ho Chi Minh City. On my last day, I will be flying from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Ho Chi Minh where I will have about six hours before my flight home. I do not plan on leaving the airport.
My question is will the Cambodia airline let me board without a Vietnam visa if I just show them my travel itinerary to fly out of Ho Chi Minh that night without actually entering the country?

You do not need a visa providing that this is connection flight, you do not have to checkout and check in for other flight.
Karic

Return to Visa on arrival