Some questions about VOA

Information about Vietnam visa on arrival

Some questions about VOA

Unread postby Atoley » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Dear sir / madam, My girlfriend and me will be arriving in Vietnam on 27th of September, flying in from Beijing. We will arrive at Ho Chi Minh City - Tan Son Nhut (SGN), but will then immediately (5 hour wait) take a connecting flight to Qui Nhon - Qui Nhon (UIH). Three questions related to this: 1. Can both of us apply for a visa approval letter and get a Visa on Arrival? I'm Dutch and she is Chinese, we're not officially married. 2. Can we pick up the visa at Ho Chi Minh airport, or should we pick it up at Qui Nhon - Qui Nhon (UIH) airport? 3. What would be the costs if we arrange this through you? Thanks in advance, looking forward to your response.
Atoley

Re: Some questions about VOA

Unread postby Iloboha » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 pm

1- You and your friend can get visa on arrival. But some travelers said Chinese people are not allowed to get boarding without Vietnam visa, they (Chinese airlines) do not accept Vietnam visa approval letter. Please double check the information to make sure your friend can get boarding with Vietnam visa approval letter.

2- You will pick-up visa at HCMC airport then change to domestic flight to Quy Nhon.

3- For the cost you can check in our website as the total fees varies depending on type of visa. Please note our service fee (pay online) is different from visa stamping fee (pay in cash, directly to Immigration Officers). There are only 2 types of fee for visa on arrival.
Iloboha

Unread postby Villem » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 am

Hi,
I'm a US citizen and traveling from NY-JFK to Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City. I will stay one night in HCMC and the next morning fly to Con Dao. A few days later, I'm flying from Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh City, and then wait 10 hours before I take another airline to Tokyo, Japan.
Is this still considered a single entry visa to Vietnam or do I need multiple?
Also if anyone has suggestions on how to get the visa in NYC, that would be great. I would like to have visa ready before leaving NY, and had some concerns about mailing my passport for the application process.
Thanks!
Villem

Unread postby Denios » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:26 am

Villem wrote:Hi,
I'm a US citizen and traveling from NY-JFK to Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City. I will stay one night in HCMC and the next morning fly to Con Dao. A few days later, I'm flying from Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh City, and then wait 10 hours before I take another airline to Tokyo, Japan.
Is this still considered a single entry visa to Vietnam or do I need multiple?
Also if anyone has suggestions on how to get the visa in NYC, that would be great. I would like to have visa ready before leaving NY, and had some concerns about mailing my passport for the application process.
Thanks!

As what you wrote, you will enter Vietnam only one time and then travel from one to an other city inside Vietnam, so it is considered single entry and of course you just need to apply single entry visa.
Concerning how to get visa in NYC, I recomment you to apply for Visa on arrival. You only need to fill in an application form online, pay a little fee for the service provider then wait a few days to get approval letter (pre-approved visa application letter) via email. You can chosse to get visa at the airport or at the Embassy/Consulate. If you would like to have visa ready before leaving NY, you just need to bring Approval Letter together with your valid passport, 2 passport size photos and some money to pay stamping fee at the Embassy to complete all proceduce.
Denios

Unread postby Alley » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 am

I've read a lot of information about VOA for Vietnam by airport, however I'll be entering from Cambodia by bus, can I apply for a VOA online?
For what it's worth I'm a New Zealander living in Australia if that helps.
Cheers....Kelvin.
Alley

Unread postby Karic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 am

VOA is only available for those who travel by airplane, so if you enter Vietnam through land border you need to apply actual visa at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate abroad.
Both New Zealand and Australia are not in the list of Vietnam Visa Exemption, thus you don't have any priority to get visa to Vietnam.
Karic

Unread postby Aggily » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Is this possible and how long does it take? Cost?
I've found the embassy address and it's close to where I'll be staying on Sukhumvit 11.
At the tail end of a 2 week holiday in August, I've got 4 days spare and may try to fit a trip to Hanoi.
I'm travelling on a passport that requires a visa into Vietnam.
I'm aware that I can do it via mail through travel agents but at this point, not yet decided.
Many thanks for any advice.
P.s. Is it THB450 to catch a movie at the IMAX Theatre at Siam Paragon? Is signing up for membership worth the discount?
Aggily

Unread postby Eric » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Aggily wrote:Is this possible and how long does it take? Cost?
I've found the embassy address and it's close to where I'll be staying on Sukhumvit 11.
At the tail end of a 2 week holiday in August, I've got 4 days spare and may try to fit a trip to Hanoi.
I'm travelling on a passport that requires a visa into Vietnam.
I'm aware that I can do it via mail through travel agents but at this point, not yet decided.
Many thanks for any advice.
P.s. Is it THB450 to catch a movie at the IMAX Theatre at Siam Paragon? Is signing up for membership worth the discount?

Yes, you can apply Visa on Arrival by filling in a form online and pay a little fee for the service provider that help you with the procedure. It will take 3 days to process, then you will receive an Approval Letter via email. You will need to show this Letter to Immigration Officers at the airport and pay stamp fee to get visa.
Eric

Unread postby Biggle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 am

Dear Sir or Madame, I have a question about the Visa On Arrival. That´s my situtation: *I will need a multiple entry visa. *I will enter the first time Vietnam by air. *The second time I will enter by boat or bus. I have read that Visa On Arrival is only valid for entries by air, but I am not sure if it only concerns for the first entry, and the second entry could be done by other means of transport. Is it Visa on Arrival valid for my above situation? Thank you very much for the information, Best Regards, Aitor,
Biggle

Unread postby Eric » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:22 am

Hi Aitor,
Thanks for your interest in our visa service.
Yes, visa on arrival is applicable for travel by air to Vietnam only. Visa issued at Vietnam airport have the same valid with visa issued at Vietnam Embassy.
After having visa sticked into your passport you are no longer restricted by means of travel. You can exit, re-enter (with multiple entries visa) Vietnam by any type of transportation.
In you case, the first time you travel to Vietnam by air so you can get visa on arrival. You will get multiple entries visa so you then can enter, exit Vietnam by any mean of transportation, many time as you wishes within the given period in the visa.
In short, you can get Vietnam visa on arrival for your trip.
Eric

Unread postby Culle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:24 am

Hello we visit Cambodia next month and will stop to ho chi minh, vietnam 9 hours and we want to go visit ho chi minh city without the luggage which stay at the airport. Siem reap Paris (Vietnam airlines) site stop 4h at Hanoi but we want to stay at the airport on transit , the luggage will be automatically in the next planet. Do we need for this one single visa or multi visa ? Thanks for help.
Culle

Unread postby Barba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 am

Culle wrote:Hello we visit Cambodia next month and will stop to ho chi minh, vietnam 9 hours and we want to go visit ho chi minh city without the luggage which stay at the airport. Siem reap Paris (Vietnam airlines) site stop 4h at Hanoi but we want to stay at the airport on transit , the luggage will be automatically in the next planet. Do we need for this one single visa or multi visa ? Thanks for help.

Sorry, your question is not clear. If you enter and exit Vietnam 1 time, you need single entry visa.
Barba

Unread postby Kristen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Dear Sir, I want do my Vietnam visa on arrival, I will entry the country by Hanói airport but I will exit the country by bus crossing the border to Camboya. Do I need to know exactly the date when I will leave Vietnam to apply for visa on arrival in the airport?
Do I need plane ticket exiting from Vietnam to apply visa on arrival or just knowing the date is enought?
Kristen

Unread postby Barba » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi,
Please see my answers next to your questions below.
- No, you do not have to provide the exact date, but you have to leave Vietnam by the last date granted in your visa[/color]
- No, you do not need to show ticket out of Vietnam. But please note that visa on arrival is applicable for travelling to Vietnam by air only.[/color]
Barba

Unread postby Barba » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Kristen wrote:Dear Sir, I want do my Vietnam visa on arrival, I will entry the country by Hanói airport but I will exit the country by bus crossing the border to Camboya. Do I need to know exactly the date when I will leave Vietnam to apply for visa on arrival in the airport?
Do I need plane ticket exiting from Vietnam to apply visa on arrival or just knowing the date is enought?

Hi,
Please see my answers next to your questions below.
- No, you do not have to provide the exact date, but you have to leave Vietnam by the last date granted in your visa
- No, you do not need to show ticket out of Vietnam. But please note that visa on arrival is applicable for travelling to Vietnam by air only.
Barba

Unread postby Kathleen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Hello, I read that you offer a service for getting the tourist visa for Vietnam. The following question arises: If you decide to get the visa in the traditional way, you need an ID picture of yourself. How come that you don''t need picture if done through you? Thank you beforehand and many greetings,
Kathleen

Unread postby Eric » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Kathleen wrote:Hello, I read that you offer a service for getting the tourist visa for Vietnam. The following question arises: If you decide to get the visa in the traditional way, you need an ID picture of yourself. How come that you don''t need picture if done through you? Thank you beforehand and many greetings,

Hi,
Thanks for your interest in our visa service!
With our service you have 2 steps:
- Applying online with us and pay for our service fee. You need to provide simple information as in application page. Then we will send you Vietnam visa approval letter.
- You bring the letter, passport, PHOTOS, stamping fee to get Vietnam visa on arrival, at Vietnam airport.
In short you still have to bring photos to get your visa stamped, but the process is much more simple.
Eric

Return to Visa on arrival