Visa on arrival or at Embassy?

Instruction to get Vietnam visa with Tuan Linh Travel visa service

Visa on arrival or at Embassy?

Unread postby Helen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 am

My friends and i are flying into Ho Chiming from Bangkok and will be in Vietnam for around 10 days. We all hold Australian passports and were wondering if we should obtain a visa before we go or just get a letter of approval? If so, what is the best way to get a letter of visa approval? I looked at a few websites but not sure what is the best one to use. Any suggestions?
Helen

Re: Visa on arrival or at Embassy?

Unread postby Administrator » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 am

Yes, you can get visa with both ways but visa on arrival is the best.
I think you need 1 month single entry tourist visa, right? It costs $16 to get visa approval letter and $45 for stamping fee. To apply visa you need about 10 minutes on your computer. After 3 working days, you get visa approval letter. Done!
That is information about visa on arrival, you should compare with procedure to getting visa at Embassy. And more, for visa on arrival, you know exactly how much you pay for a Vietnam visa whereas, you have to go to Embassy to know how much for it and above all, your time for such work.
Administrator
Site Admin

Unread postby Psop » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 am

Can anyone give me info on getting a tourist visa for Vietnam in Singapore? How much and how long did it take? Also, are there any agents who can do this on my behalf?
Thank you!
Psop

Unread postby Karic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:46 am

To get Vietnam visa from Singapore you have to ways: 1-Go to Vietnam Embassy there and apply your self; 2-Get Vietnam visa on arrival with help from a Vietnam travel company.
Visa procedure and fee are different from Embassy to Embassy. Sorry I cannot help you with this information. Visa on arrival is much simplier, you don't have to go anywhere, just do online and bring visa approval letter to get visa at Vietnam airport, on arrival. Total fee is $62, including: $17 to get visa approval letter; $45 stamping fee for 1 month single entry tourist visa.
Karic

Unread postby Picce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 pm

I notice online there are several agencies that can arrange your visa for Vietnam in advance and then you either collect it at the airport or at a Vietnamese embassy in another country.
Has anyone used them. Has anyone had any bad experiences with them?
I will be travelling in Cambodia before, but only have one day in Phnom Penh. I am told that this is enough, but if the visa is already waiting for me I could save a lot of time!
Picce

Unread postby Fabio » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Yes, in the visa application form you will see the field "Place to get your visa" and you have to choose the place to get your visa stamped: on arrival or at a pointed Vietnam Embassy abroad. Apply at: http://www.tuanlinhtravel.com/Vietnam/v ... cation.htm
Fabio

Unread postby Poggy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi, im going to Hanoi in May and am trying to sort out my visa. I cannot send off my passport to the embassy as I need it for work, and the only way to get it through the embassy is to apply by email and costs £69, then I have to get to London to pick it up (a further £20). Or should I get the pre arranged visa, I will be flying from Bangkok to Hanoi with Air Asia, does this airline accept the letter at check-in?
Poggy

Unread postby Eric » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Poggy wrote:Hi, im going to Hanoi in May and am trying to sort out my visa. I cannot send off my passport to the embassy as I need it for work, and the only way to get it through the embassy is to apply by email and costs £69, then I have to get to London to pick it up (a further £20). Or should I get the pre arranged visa, I will be flying from Bangkok to Hanoi with Air Asia, does this airline accept the letter at check-in?

Yes, you fly to Hanoi so visa on arrival is the best option. Vietnam visa on arrival has been put into practice for decades, all airlines know.
Eric

Unread postby Junky » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi
We are off to Vietnam next year.
Last time we went I obtained a VOA. This time I was looking through the Vietnam Embassy
Website in Canberra and they say that the VOA are not legitimate. So I have filled paperwork in to send my passport etc to Vietnam Embassy but to find the cost is proving near impossible. I want to send a bank cheque but have no idea how much. I've called on various days but either no answer or the line is busy. So have been thinking after reading some of the forum topics that a VOA is still legit?
also
When we were in Vietnam in 2012 we didn't bother with a Vietnam Drivers License. We didn't hire a scooter in Ho Chi Minh but in Hoi An. Is it as easy as applying online for a license? This time we are going to Hanoi (not sure if we will hire a scooter there though) but definitely in Hoi An .
Any help will be most welcome.
Junky

Unread postby Fabio » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Visa on arrival takes away money from Embassy. Even some Embassy posted in their website that VOA is all scam. Do not worry, do the same you did last time to get visa on arrival.
Fabio

Unread postby Chaley » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 am

Going to Vietnam from Thailand and wanted to know if it is worth it to get a visa prior to from consulate in US or on arrival once we land?
Chaley

Unread postby Denios » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 am

Chaley wrote:Going to Vietnam from Thailand and wanted to know if it is worth it to get a visa prior to from consulate in US or on arrival once we land?

It is much better to get visa on arrival.
Denios

Unread postby Ichabod » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm

I leave for india on the 28th, spending 2 months there before flying to hanoi on 23rd april. Should I get my vietnam visa before I go, or is it better to try and get it in India? If not then what do I need to arrange for visa on arrival?
Sorry if this has been asked many times before....
Ichabod

Unread postby Barba » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:29 pm

We always recommend visa on arrival if you get flight to Vietnam. Information required for visa on arrival you can see at: https://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/
Barba

Unread postby Kaitlyn » Mon May 25, 2015 8:43 am

Could anyone please tell me what the price difference between obtaining a visa through a search engine or direct to the embassy
Kaitlyn

Unread postby Eric » Mon May 25, 2015 8:46 am

Kaitlyn wrote:Could anyone please tell me what the price difference between obtaining a visa through a search engine or direct to the embassy

There is nothing different in terms of entry visa. The big difference is you save much time and money with visa on arrival that apply online.
Eric

Unread postby Ingram » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 am

Hey,
I'm travelling to Vietnam in February from Australia & just wondering what is the best way to get a visa?
Is it best to get a visa on arrival or get one before through the Vietnamese consulate in Australia?
What is the difference in costs?
Do I have to get a letter if I am doing a visa on arrival & does anyone know a trustworthy website to do this on?
Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand the best option for me
Thanks in advance :)
Ingram

Unread postby Karic » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:35 am

Ingram wrote:Hey,
I'm travelling to Vietnam in February from Australia & just wondering what is the best way to get a visa?
Is it best to get a visa on arrival or get one before through the Vietnamese consulate in Australia?
What is the difference in costs?
Do I have to get a letter if I am doing a visa on arrival & does anyone know a trustworthy website to do this on?
Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand the best option for me
Thanks in advance :)

The best way is visa on arrival, sure.
Regarding the cost, Embassy rarely public their fee but for visa on arrival you can easily calculate total fee.
I recommend http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com, you can see information and check fee in the site.
Karic

Return to How Vietnam visa service work