Which currencies are accepted for stamping fee?

Other Vietnam visa related issues

Which currencies are accepted for stamping fee?

Unread postby Haan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

I've got my entry visa organised, but i realise I need to pay at the airport. The visa fees are quoted in $US, do i need to pay in $US or will they accept GB pounds? It not clear from the posts here if thats possible. Thanks. :geek:
Haan

Re: Which currencies are accepted for stamping fee?

Unread postby Denios » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:49 am

Yes, stamping fee is quoted in US$, but you can pay with GB pounds or other strong currencies. Some travelers said the exchange rate applied is not fair so try to get US$ for stamping fee. : :P
Denios

Unread postby Galy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:48 am

My daughter and I are going to Vietnam in October. I have downloaded the visa form but I can't find any information that informs me of how much 2 adult visas will be. Know that you have to pay in Aussie dollars but how much?
Would appreciate some info.
Galy

Unread postby Barba » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 am

Galy wrote:My daughter and I are going to Vietnam in October. I have downloaded the visa form but I can't find any information that informs me of how much 2 adult visas will be. Know that you have to pay in Aussie dollars but how much?
Would appreciate some info.

Stamping fee is different, depending on your visa type. You can see stamping fee for visa on arrival at: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/inf ... a-fees.asp. By regulation you can pay in US Dollars, Vietnam Dong. There are some travelers said they can pay with strong currencies like British Pound, AU$, ... but the exchange rate might not fair. :D
Barba

Unread postby Gergeo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 pm

I've got my entry visa organised, but i realise I need to pay at the airport. The visa fees are quoted in $US, do i need to pay in $US or will they accept GB pounds? It not clear from the posts here if thats possible. Thanks.
Gergeo

Unread postby Eric » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

By regulation, you have to pay in US$ and Vietnam Dong. Some travelers reported that you may pay with other hard currencies like GB pounds, AU$ but the exchange rate is lower.
Eric

Return to Others