Visa easily at border?

Other Vietnam visa related issues

Visa easily at border?

Unread postby ngulau » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 am

Im travelling through thailand laos and maybe into vietnam, just confused whether a visa for vietnam needs to be obtained before going or whether this is something i can get at a border crossing like Laos?
ngulau

Re: Visa easily at border?

Unread postby Galent » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am

You have to get Vietnam visa in advance to enter Vietnam through land border gate.
Galent

Unread postby Uorge » Sat May 17, 2014 10:54 am

Does anyone know how to go about getting a 30 day Vietnamese Visa? I am from the USA and was wondering the cheapest way to get one. I read that you can buy at the border in Vietnam for a fraction of the original price instead of getting it at the consulate for $90. Is this true? Around how much did your visa cost? Thanks in advance
Uorge

Unread postby Cadric » Sat May 17, 2014 10:55 am

I think you mentioned to Vietnam visa on arrival. Please note that visa on arrival is applied for travelling by air only and to get Vietnam visa on arrival you have to get your visa approved first (the so called Vietnam visa approval letter). If you enter Vietnam by land border, you have to get visa in advance at a Vietnam Embassy/Consulate abroad. You can see more information at: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/
Cadric

Return to Others