Travel visa Vietnam

Other Vietnam visa related issues

Travel visa Vietnam

Unread postby Milby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 am

My partner and I are travelling to Vietnam from Malaysia and are wondering if we need airtickets out of vietnam to get our Visa? Also paying for visa stamp (we did the online version) how can we pay for this? We heard we need USD currency but we can't really get that. Also does anyone know the risk areas for malaria in Vietnam?
Milby

Re: Travel visa Vietnam

Unread postby Karic » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 am

You do not need to show your tickets out of Vietnam for visa issue. For stamping fee you have to pay directly to Immigration Officer when you get your visa stamped (at Vietnam airport, on arrival). By regulation you have to pay stamping in US Dollars, but you can pay also in Vietnam Dong (VND). Some travelers reported that they can pay with hard currencies like UK Pound, Au $, ... But try to get US$ for stamping fee as for other currencies the exchange rate applied may harm your pocket.
Karic

Unread postby Galent » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am

Milby wrote:My partner and I are travelling to Vietnam from Malaysia and are wondering if we need airtickets out of vietnam to get our Visa? Also paying for visa stamp (we did the online version) how can we pay for this? We heard we need USD currency but we can't really get that. Also does anyone know the risk areas for malaria in Vietnam?

Malaria problem is in remote areas in Vietnam. Unless you have a real adventurous trip, but bring insecticide with you is recommended.
Galent

Unread postby Loha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

What are the visa options for US Citizens? Is a VOA available? If so, is it easy/efficient? How do the costs compare to going to the consulate? Also, is there a physical difference in the visa interms of shape/size? I will enter either through Hanoi or HCM.
Loha

Unread postby Eric » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

Loha wrote:What are the visa options for US Citizens? Is a VOA available? If so, is it easy/efficient? How do the costs compare to going to the consulate? Also, is there a physical difference in the visa interms of shape/size? I will enter either through Hanoi or HCM.

There is no difference between visa issued at different places. The difference is on the visa the Officers will note the place of issuance. For the cost you can see many questions/answers at: http://vietnam-visa-service.com/myforum ... 9d3cb3f0aa
Eric

Unread postby Theaty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 am

I'm a Germany citizen who will be in Singapore for long, so is it possible to obtain a visa for Vietnam while I am in Singapore? How long does it take? Thanks! :geek:
Theaty

Unread postby Iloboha » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 am

Yes, of course you can get Vietnam visa at any Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. All you need is an approval letter that allow you to get visa at your chosen Embassy/Consulate. To get your visa approved apply at vietnam-visa-service.com. But why don't you think of visa on arrival?
Iloboha

Unread postby Hindi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am

Hi guys,
i've been having a bit of a read in the faq and on the immigration website about australians obtaining a visa for entering vietnam.
ill be arriving from bangkok into hanoi and from hanoi to ho chi minh city departing to manila philippines.
now my question is because i'm only staying for a couple of days do i still require a visa for entering and exiting vietnam? what are my options? :(
Hindi

Unread postby Vietvis » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 am

Hindi wrote:Hi guys,
i've been having a bit of a read in the faq and on the immigration website about australians obtaining a visa for entering vietnam.
ill be arriving from bangkok into hanoi and from hanoi to ho chi minh city departing to manila philippines.
now my question is because i'm only staying for a couple of days do i still require a visa for entering and exiting vietnam? what are my options? :(

You need Vietnam visa for your trip, for sure. Without Vietnam visa/or visa approval letter airlines will not allow you to get on flight.
Vietvis

Unread postby Gerry » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help with information about a visa for travelling to Vietnam?
I'm travelling on 11 October (for 3 weeks) from England and I have a British Passport. I'm also thinking about a trip to Cambodia when I'm there.
Thank you
Gerry

Unread postby Eric » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:56 pm

I recommend you use Vietnam visa on arrival, you don't have waste time at Embassy with high fee. Just do something online and get visa on arrival. Apply and check service fee at http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/
Eric

Unread postby Galen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:50 am

we found it so difficult to get concrete information on this before leaving australia so here is the real story from our arrival in vietnam.
1. you do NOT need to organise a visa before arrival if you fly into ho chi minh tan son nat airport. bring passport photos and 25 USD if you plan to stay 1 month and enter exit vietnam only once or 50 USD if you want a multiple entry visa. the queues can be a bit slow but otherwise straightforward. im not sure about other airports as this is where we flew into.
2. it is possible to get your visa from embassies but we have met many travellers here who had serious delays getting their passports back in time.
3. there are many sites tellin you to get a visa on arrival letter before you leave home and then the visa will be ready on arrival. as far i can see this is a scam. we paid 50 usd for this letter from a on line visa company and when we showed it at the passport control they discarded it and we still had to pay the full processing fee. so dont bother!!!!
Vietnam is an amazing so enjoy your trip!!!!!
Galen

Unread postby Cadric » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:10 am

Galen wrote:we found it so difficult to get concrete information on this before leaving australia so here is the real story from our arrival in vietnam.
1. you do NOT need to organise a visa before arrival if you fly into ho chi minh tan son nat airport. bring passport photos and 25 USD if you plan to stay 1 month and enter exit vietnam only once or 50 USD if you want a multiple entry visa. the queues can be a bit slow but otherwise straightforward. im not sure about other airports as this is where we flew into.
2. it is possible to get your visa from embassies but we have met many travellers here who had serious delays getting their passports back in time.
3. there are many sites tellin you to get a visa on arrival letter before you leave home and then the visa will be ready on arrival. as far i can see this is a scam. we paid 50 usd for this letter from a on line visa company and when we showed it at the passport control they discarded it and we still had to pay the full processing fee. so dont bother!!!!
Vietnam is an amazing so enjoy your trip!!!!!

Very interesting story.
I am not sure that you could get visa on arrival at Vietnam airport without visa approval letter. Even airlines will not allow you to get on flight without Vietnam visa or Vietnam visa approval letter because they will have to take all responsibility for bringing clients that do not have visa to Vietnam.
Maybe you misunderstood. The fee you pay online through a Vietnam travel company is to get Vietnam visa approval letter. With this letter airlines will allow you to check-in flight and at Vietnam airport you can get visa stamped into your passport. At Vietnam airport, you also have to pay one more, this is called stamping fee. This fee you pay directly to Immigration Officers, in cash.
Fee to get visa approval letter is not as high as you stated, it is around $17. Service fee and stamping fee can be seen at http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/
Anyone hear his story should check with your airlines if they allow you to check-in their flight without Vietnam visa or Vietnam visa approval letter or not. Of course I mention to airlines that take you to Vietnam :)
Cadric

Unread postby Phaney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 am

hi,
im travelling to vietnam in march next year, could anyone tell me how's the best way to get a visa, online or by post to london.
thank you
val sherry.
Phaney

Unread postby Denios » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:23 am

I recommend you use Vietnam visa on arrival, you do not have to leave your passport. Just do something online and get visa on arrival. Apply and check service fee at http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/
Denios

Unread postby Psi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi.
I'm about to send off my postal application for a Vietnamese tourist visa (I'm a British Citizen), and I've had an email telling me that the cost of a 30 day single entry tourist visa is £38. It also adds that the postage administration charge is £8 for return by Special Delivery.
I just want to double check - should the full cost be £46, to cover the visa and the return post? Or when they say £38, is that inclusive of the postal cost?
If anyone's applied for a Vietnam visa in this way recently, I'd appreciate a heads-up.
Thanks!
Psi

Unread postby Karic » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Psi wrote:Hi.
I'm about to send off my postal application for a Vietnamese tourist visa (I'm a British Citizen), and I've had an email telling me that the cost of a 30 day single entry tourist visa is £38. It also adds that the postage administration charge is £8 for return by Special Delivery.
I just want to double check - should the full cost be £46, to cover the visa and the return post? Or when they say £38, is that inclusive of the postal cost?
If anyone's applied for a Vietnam visa in this way recently, I'd appreciate a heads-up.
Thanks!

If you have no answer from someone else, my advice is to double check with the Embassy.
Karic

Return to Others