Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Other Vietnam visa related issues

Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Emylty » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:42 am

Hi there again,
I was told that I need a VISA in advance.
But my travel agency told me that is not necessary because I can have it in Ho Chi Minh airport when I arrive.
Is that true ?
Emylty
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Cadric » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:43 am

Absolutely true. Vietnam visa on arrival has been put into practice for years. This is an important tool to promote Vietnam tourism.
Cadric
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Elluggy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:53 am

Hi,
I'm travelling to Bangkok next week. I want to visit Vietnam as well, but as a US citizen, I understand that I need a visa. Does anyone know:
1) Is there enough time to get a Vietnam visa in the US?
2) Is there a place in Bangkok to get a Vietnam visa?
Thank you so much in advance!
Elluggy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:11 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Eric » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am

Elluggy wrote:Hi,
I'm travelling to Bangkok next week. I want to visit Vietnam as well, but as a US citizen, I understand that I need a visa. Does anyone know:
1) Is there enough time to get a Vietnam visa in the US?
2) Is there a place in Bangkok to get a Vietnam visa?
Thank you so much in advance!

It is too rush to get Vietnam visa at Embassy as you have lots of work before your trip. You can gat Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok. I wonder why don't you think of getting visa on arrival? It helps you save much time and money comparing to chasing procedure at Embassy.
Eric
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Eoldy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:41 pm

I need a Vietnam Visa in a week! Can You Help me???
WE have recently arranged for a 3 week trip to southeast Asia. One of the countries we will be visiting is Vietnam where I understand that I need to get an entrance visa PRIOR to arrival in the country. we are 5 people in our group and one of the member had to get a new passport. We will be leaving on June 6th!!!!! How can we expedite getting a VISA? We live 30 minutes outside of Miami Florida.
Should we contact the consulate directly? Their offices are closed today but the website seems to indicate that they have a 2 or 3 day turnover time. Do I need an overpriced travel service to complete this process? I figure there are a lot of experienced travelers here that may be able to assist me!
THANKS!!!
Eoldy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Barba » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Try the Consulate but why don't you think of visa on arrival. Most of travelers to Vietnam use it to save time and money.
Barba
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Ekybbo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:29 am

Hi Guys,
My wife and I are thinking of traveling to bangkok and then take a train to Nong Khai and bus to Vientaine. And then after traveling around Laos we intend to cross the border to Vietnam (by train or bus).
Correct if Im wrong, British nationals do not require visa for Laos?
Im am aware that british national do require visa for Vietnam so was wondering where and how do we get the visa for Vietnam? As Vietnam is not the first destination from UK, I assume its not possible to get the Visa for Vietnam from here.
We hope to spend a month or so traveling through a few of the countries in aisa, but we hope to start off our journey from Bangkok.
So any suggestions guys?
Thanks,
Ekybbo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Iloboha » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 am

Ekybbo wrote:Hi Guys,
My wife and I are thinking of traveling to bangkok and then take a train to Nong Khai and bus to Vientaine. And then after traveling around Laos we intend to cross the border to Vietnam (by train or bus).
Correct if Im wrong, British nationals do not require visa for Laos?
Im am aware that british national do require visa for Vietnam so was wondering where and how do we get the visa for Vietnam? As Vietnam is not the first destination from UK, I assume its not possible to get the Visa for Vietnam from here.
We hope to spend a month or so traveling through a few of the countries in aisa, but we hope to start off our journey from Bangkok.
So any suggestions guys?
Thanks,

Going to Vietnam through land border from Laos you have to get Vietnam visa in advance. You can get it in Laos, or any Vietnam Embassy before your trip though Vietnam is not your first destination.
Iloboha
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Eddybob » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 am

We are flying into ~Saigon and want to get a visa on arrival. does anyone have a company that they would recommend for this??
Eddybob
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Iloboha » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 am

Eddybob wrote:We are flying into ~Saigon and want to get a visa on arrival. does anyone have a company that they would recommend for this??

Yes we recommend https://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/ with service provided by Tuan Linh Travel.
Iloboha
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Ecculatly » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:55 am

I am a US citizen. Booked my ticket to Ho Chi Min for 3rd week of December. I just found out that I need a Visa. Can I get it when I arrive in Saigon at the airport? I don't want to get deported!
Ecculatly
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Cadric » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 am

Yes, you need a Vietnam visa approval letter to get visa on arrival. Airlines will not allow you get boarding if you do not have the letter.
Cadric
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Kimberly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 am

Hi, does anybody know the best way to get a Vietnam Visa before we arrive?
We are going from the UK to Hanoi and then leaving from HCMC 15 days later. I've looked up Visa's on the embassy website but all it says is that it is quicker to apply for the Visa before we get there but gives no information about where to apply for one. Any advice would be great!
Kimberly
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Barba » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:32 am

Kimberly wrote:Hi, does anybody know the best way to get a Vietnam Visa before we arrive?
We are going from the UK to Hanoi and then leaving from HCMC 15 days later. I've looked up Visa's on the embassy website but all it says is that it is quicker to apply for the Visa before we get there but gives no information about where to apply for one. Any advice would be great!

Yes, visa on arrival is the best way. You do not need to get visa before your trip, just need a visa approval letter to get boarding and get Vietnam visa on arrival.
Barba
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Kate » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

Hi,
We live in the UK and are going on holiday on the 21st february to Thailand.
We are travelling to Vietnam from Bangkok on the 23rd February until the 28th February and were told by an agent that a holiday visa for Vietnam would take approximately 5 working days (express). Since then we have looked on the Vietnamese Embassy website and my concerns have grown after it saying that you are required to purchase a visa 6 months prior to arrival in Vietnam.
Is there anybody from the UK that can tell me whether they know anything about visa's for Vietnam and whether the information i have been given about it only taking 5 working days approximately is true.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kate
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Denios » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

If you take flight from Thailand to Vietnam you can get visa on arrival, save much time and money. You can apply Vietnma visa online at: https://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/Apply-Vietnam-visa-online.asp
If you travel to Vietnam through land border you have to get Vietnam visa in advance.
To avoid 5-working-day at Embassy, you can also apply at the above site but remember to select Place to get your visa: as "At Vietnam Embassy/Consulate abroad" then you will get your visa approved after 3 working. You can push-up the process by select urgent services.
The last thing to do is to bring the approval letter to the Embassy to get visa stamped into your passport.
Remember February is the month for Tet Holiday (Lunar New Year in Vietnam) so do it early to avoid trouble during the Holiday.
Denios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Ira » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 am

Hi to all. I need your help, PLEASE.
I am travelling to Asia in September, first to Bangkok - Thailand and then to Vietnam. I don't know yet if I will get into Vietnam flying or by bus/train. So...
a) Its better to get the visa in advanced in US (I live in California) or in Bangkok?
b) I am not a US citizen, can I apply for the visa in a US consulate?
c) How long is the visa duration after I received my passport? Because first I will travel to Thailand.
Thanks in advance guys
Ira
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: Who experienced to get visa to Vietnam

Unread postby Iloboha » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 am

Ira wrote:Hi to all. I need your help, PLEASE.
I am travelling to Asia in September, first to Bangkok - Thailand and then to Vietnam. I don't know yet if I will get into Vietnam flying or by bus/train. So...
a) Its better to get the visa in advanced in US (I live in California) or in Bangkok?
b) I am not a US citizen, can I apply for the visa in a US consulate?
c) How long is the visa duration after I received my passport? Because first I will travel to Thailand.
Thanks in advance guys

a) it is better to get visa in Bangkok
b) Vietnam consulate in US is not just for US citizens. You can apply Vietnam visa at any Vietnam Embassy/Consulate abroad.
c) Valid date in the visa begin from your proposed date of arrival.
Iloboha
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:35 pm


Return to Others



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron