What is Best Vietnam Visa Strategy?

Other Vietnam visa related issues

What is Best Vietnam Visa Strategy?

Unread postby Bugger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 am

Looks like my wife and I will be in Vietnam about 35 days, starting 26-Feb. That puts us over the 30 day standard tourist visa limit. I think we can get a three-month visa from the Vietnam embassy here in the US for $ 50 versus about $65 for a 30 day visa.
Would it be cheaper, and not much trouble, to apply to extend a 30 day visa once we are in Vietnam, or better to bit the bullet here for the three month visa? How long does it take to get an extension while in Vietnam? Probably won't be in Hanoi or HCM City for more than 5 days each.
Veitnam embassy web page is frustrating, as it does not list visa fees, only the application forms. I wrote to them yesterday, but no answer yet. Guess I will have to call.
Any input apprecaited. Thanks.
Bugger

Re: What is Best Vietnam Visa Strategy?

Unread postby Iloboha » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 am

Vietnam Embassy only tell you the fee when you apply visa there. Visa extension is easy but you have to leave your passport 1 week. The best way is to get 3 months visa. You can see the total fee at: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/information/Vietnam-visa-fees.asp
Iloboha

Unread postby Manytel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi
I'm travelling to Guilin in June and wondering if I can get a visa for Vietnam without travelling to the embassy in Nanning. I'd appreciate any advice.... cheers in anticipation
Manytel

Unread postby Denios » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Manytel wrote:Hi
I'm travelling to Guilin in June and wondering if I can get a visa for Vietnam without travelling to the embassy in Nanning. I'd appreciate any advice.... cheers in anticipation

Yes you can apply for Visa on Arrival if you travel by airplane. You only need to fill in a form online and pay a little fee for the service, then wait for 3 days to get an Approval Letter. When you arrive at the airport, just show this Letter for Immigration Officer and pay stamping fee then you can obtain visa to travel Vietnam.
Denios

Unread postby Delphil » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:19 am

We are travelling to Vietnam soon and went to various travel agents today at our local shopping centre to organise our visa's. Please SHOP AROUND! one agent tried to charge us $209 AUD per person to organise our visa entry into Vietnam and when I said that it didn't sound right and expensive she on the spot reduced the price to $179 per person. We ended up getting the best deal for $72 AUD per person at another travel agent. Just goes to show there are dodgy dealers at home as well!
Delphil

Unread postby Cadric » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 am

Delphil wrote:We are travelling to Vietnam soon and went to various travel agents today at our local shopping centre to organise our visa's. Please SHOP AROUND! one agent tried to charge us $209 AUD per person to organise our visa entry into Vietnam and when I said that it didn't sound right and expensive she on the spot reduced the price to $179 per person. We ended up getting the best deal for $72 AUD per person at another travel agent. Just goes to show there are dodgy dealers at home as well!

Why don't you apply for Visa on Arrival, it's the most convenient way as it takes you only few minutes to fill in an online form, then wait for few days to get an approval letter via email. You will need to print out this email to show at the immigration check point at the airport to get visa stamped (remember you can only use Visa on Arrival if you travel by airplane). If you are interested, let visit our website for more information http://www.vietnamvisasite.com/Vietnam-visa-on-arrival.htm .
Cadric

Return to Others