Vietnam visa from Cambodia

Information about visa stamped at Vietnam Embassies abroad

Vietnam visa from Cambodia

Unread postby Eric » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 pm

We are planning to motorcoach from Phomh Phen, Cambodia to Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam. Does that change this process since we won''t be flying into an airport?? Thank you!
Eric

Re: Vietnam visa from Cambodia

Unread postby Vietvis » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:23 pm

In this case, you have to get visa in advance. You cannot get visa on arrival. Visa on arrival is for travel by air only. Go through land border you have to show passport with Vietnam visa already sticked beforhand. You can select to get Vietnam visa at Embassy when applying online.
Vietvis

Unread postby Bob » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi, we are two italians and we live in Spain. We want to enter in Vietnam by foot in the border Hekou -Lao Cai. It is possible to have a visa ? Thank you. Bye
Bob

Unread postby Cadric » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:19 pm

If you enter Vietnam through land border (Hekou) you have to get Vietnam visa in advance.
Vietnam visa on arrival is for travel by air only.
Cadric

Unread postby Homent » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am

How long does it take to get a visa for vietnam in phnom penh and how much does it cost?
I've heard you can either go to the embassy or send off for your visa through the hotel, but is it dodgy to send your passport off like that?
Homent

Unread postby Karic » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am

Homent wrote:How long does it take to get a visa for vietnam in phnom penh and how much does it cost?
I've heard you can either go to the embassy or send off for your visa through the hotel, but is it dodgy to send your passport off like that?

It is very easy to get Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh. It is around $60, we do not have exact number. You can go directly to the Embassy to get visa, they have 1 day service to save time for travelers. For careful people like you it is not wise to give your passport to other people, but in my opinion they do a service and they have to keep their service like you keep your passport.
Karic

Unread postby Veric » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 am

We are citicens of spain and travel overland from bangkok via cambodia into vietnam. We live to far from big cities to ask for a visa personally, we would do it in bangkok, but we are only 2 days in bangkok. Can you tell me houw i get a vietnam visa the fastest and easiest way.I wil not fly into Vietnam.
Veric

Unread postby Iloboha » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 am

It is very easy to get Vietnam visa in Cambodia, they offer same day service. You can also find Embassy/Consulate that you can get visa in the most convenient way at: http://www.vietnamvisasite.com/in-Cambodia.htm or http://www.vietnamvisasite.com/Vietnam-visa-Thai.htm
Iloboha

Unread postby Poetty » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm

We are travelling by bus from Phnom Penh to HCMC in August. As UK citizens can we get a vietnam visa in Phnom Penh? Thanks for any help!
Poetty

Unread postby Barba » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Poetty wrote:We are travelling by bus from Phnom Penh to HCMC in August. As UK citizens can we get a vietnam visa in Phnom Penh? Thanks for any help!

Yes, you can and you must have Vietnam visa before entering Vietnam.
Barba

Unread postby Puggy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 am

Can i get a Vietnam visa in Siem Reap. I heard you can get them in pp. How long does it take and how much does it cost? Thanks
Puggy

Unread postby Pogge » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

Must you have a Vietnam Visa even if traveling from Cambodia by bus to Vietnam?
I don't feel comfortable to courier my original passport from Toronto to Ottawa. So that C$79 is kind of including your return courier package fee, isn't it?
Pogge

Unread postby Denios » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 am

Puggy wrote:Can i get a Vietnam visa in Siem Reap. I heard you can get them in pp. How long does it take and how much does it cost? Thanks

Yes, even they offer 1 day service, it is around $70. Some travelers said it is even quicker and a little cheaper to use service of travel office there.
Denios

Unread postby Denios » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 am

Pogge wrote:Must you have a Vietnam Visa even if traveling from Cambodia by bus to Vietnam?
I don't feel comfortable to courier my original passport from Toronto to Ottawa. So that C$79 is kind of including your return courier package fee, isn't it?

You can get Vietnam visa in Cambodia. To save time, you can use service from a Vietnam travel company. They will help you to get your visa approved. Then you can go to your pointed Vietnam Embassy to get Vietnam visa stamped.
Denios

Unread postby Puly » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:23 pm

hi
Next summer I'm going to travel in Cambodia and Vietnam.
I'd like to get the Vietnam visa in Sihanoukville. How much time does it take to get the visa? Office hours ( and days) of the consulate? How much is the cost?
Thanks
Puly

Unread postby Gabbu » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 am

I am in Siem Reap and looking to get my Vietnam visa here.
Can anyone recommend an agency I can use?
I'm already aware of the Embassy/Consulate in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh, but still would rather have it sorted whilst I am in Siem Reap.
Please reply if you have use any agencies here and have had no issues.
Gabbu

Unread postby Augusty » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 am

We are travelling overland from PP to HCMC in August. Can we get a 30 day Vietnam visa in PP and if so how long will it take? Any ideas on how much it will cost? We are UK citizens. Many thanks for any help!
Augusty

Unread postby Fabio » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:39 am

Augusty wrote:We are travelling overland from PP to HCMC in August. Can we get a 30 day Vietnam visa in PP and if so how long will it take? Any ideas on how much it will cost? We are UK citizens. Many thanks for any help!

Geeting Vietnam visa in PP is easy, may travel agents offer this service. They also offer 1-day service. The price is around $70, depending on type of visa you request.
Fabio

Unread postby Felbt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:26 am

Vietnam visa in Battambang - update
For future travellers I thought I would share my experience in getting a Vietnam visa in Battambang.
The whole thing was quite simple. Our tuk-tuk driver took us to the Vietnam consulate. Note that the opening hours are 8am to 11h30am then 2pm to 4h30 pm, Monday to Friday.
We filled the form but forgot to bring photos. The clerk took our form and passport while we went out with our tuk-tuk for a place that takes photos. Had to wait for processing and printing, maybe 10 minutes. $1.50 for each of us. Back to the consulate to hand the photos. He told us to return the next morning.
Went back today, paid $80 each (one month single entry) and was out in 2 minutes. The place is not busy.
One thing to note, in the form they ask you about your expected dates of entry and exit. We were working from memory and put some approximate dates. This was a small mistake as they make the visa effective on the date that you tell them, not today. It means we need to stay in Cambodia one day more than originally planned, not the end of the world.
Felbt

Unread postby Ganble » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 am

i want to travel to Vietnam ...Im from Greece and there is no embassy of Vietnam here..Im flying to Bangkok and then go to Cambodia Siem Reap from land...no time to get visa in Bangkok...and than from land again to Vietnam...any suggestions?
Ganble

Unread postby Denios » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 am

Go to Vietnam through land border you have to get Vietnam visa in advance. You can get vietnam visa in Siem Reap, it takes not much time and they also have urgent service.
Denios

Unread postby Akkcle » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:14 am

Hey
Im from Sweden and tried to call the Cambodia Embassy but they cancelled their phone number :P
Im going to vietnam and the entering Cambodia by bus. Is it possible to get a visa on the border if you enter by land? And also, how many days can i be in the country as a tourist with a visa like that?
Akkcle

Unread postby Fabio » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:15 am

Akkcle wrote:Hey
Im from Sweden and tried to call the Cambodia Embassy but they cancelled their phone number :P
Im going to vietnam and the entering Cambodia by bus. Is it possible to get a visa on the border if you enter by land? And also, how many days can i be in the country as a tourist with a visa like that?

If you cannot contact the Embassy in Cambodia, let try to ask some travel agent there for help. For you travel to Vietnam by bus, it is necessary to obtain visa prior to your arrival.
Fabio

Unread postby Atalat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 am

I see there are many agencies where one can apply for an e visa but it does not appear applicable for overland entry. Although a UK citizen I am currently travelling in Turkey (miles from Istanbul) so not able to go to an Embassy to organise. Has anyone organised such a visa from Siem Reap? I only have 2 days in PP so not long enough to organise it there.

Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
Atalat

Unread postby Iloboha » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am

There is 1-day service for Vietnam visa so do not worry. But some travelers said using service of travel office in PP is cheaper ($5 less) than applying your self at Embassy.
Iloboha

Next

Return to Vietnam visa at Embassies