Who gotten Vietnam Visa at China?

Information about visa stamped at Vietnam Embassies abroad

Who gotten Vietnam Visa at China?

Unread postby Ureget » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Has anyone gotten a visa for Vietnam at the consulate in Kunming? I am a U.S. citizen and am wondering where the consulate is located, what kind of tourist visa I can get for a 10 day stay, how much it will cost, and how long it takes to get one.
Ureget

Re: Who gotten Vietnam Visa at China?

Unread postby Karic » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Normally it takes 5 working days to get visa at Embassy. Fee for visa at Embassy rarely disclosed, you have to go there to get their price. 10 days stay you have to apply for 1 month visa.
Karic

Unread postby Upttle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi
I'm travelling to Guilin in June and wondering if I can get a visa for Vietnam without travelling to the embassy in Nanning. I'd appreciate any advice.... cheers in anticipation
Upttle

Unread postby Cadric » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 pm

In your case there are 2 plan:
If you go to Vietnam through land border, you HAVE to get Vietnam visa beforehand, at any Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
If you take flight to Vietnam, you can get visa on arrival. See information and apply at: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com
Cadric

Unread postby Atalat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:27 pm

so i'm an american who is in china now working. i want to travel vietnam in the winter and was wondering if i can get a visa in the embassy in nanning and how long it would take. Also, i want to travel with USD but have been getting paid in USD. is there any way to exchange money in nanning? any suggested places?
Atalat

Unread postby Karic » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Atalat wrote:so i'm an american who is in china now working. i want to travel vietnam in the winter and was wondering if i can get a visa in the embassy in nanning and how long it would take. Also, i want to travel with USD but have been getting paid in USD. is there any way to exchange money in nanning? any suggested places?

Yes you can visit Vietnamese Consulate in Nanning to apply visa, the processing time is about 5 working days.
Karic

Unread postby Aunglau » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:49 am

It's been really difficult for us to find the place and to find the right way so we hope it helps for the next travellers :)
Vietnam Consulate is located in Hongta Mansion inside Kai Wah International Hotel, 5th floor. Beijing Road, 155. (easy to take a bus to arrive there, close to Train Station).
If you look for the info in their website it's old and nobody in Kunming helped us neither the people from our hostel, it's like a secret ;)
Finally we did it in one day and pay more but it's worth for us avoiding more nights in Kunming.
Aunglau

Return to Vietnam visa at Embassies