Who experienced to get visa at Vietnamese Embassy

Information about visa stamped at Vietnam Embassies abroad

Unread postby Oranget » Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 am

Have had to do an urgent change of plans ..arriving in Singapore Tuesday April 24...morning.
Does anyone know if we could go to Vietnamese Embassy same day and get a Vietnam Visa and what their requirements are.
All Australian passport holders.
Thanks
Oranget

Re: Who experienced to get visa at Vietnamese Embassy

Unread postby Fabio » Tue May 27, 2014 11:36 am

I am afraid you cannot get visa in the same day at Embassy. Why don't get visa on arrival? Good luck!
Fabio

Unread postby Nelse » Sat May 31, 2014 9:47 am

We are hoping to travel to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We know we must get a Vietnam Visa prior to leaving the US. Does anyone know if you can go to one of their emabassies in the US and get a visa the same day?
Nelse

Unread postby Denios » Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 am

To get Vietnam visa in one day you have only a way: Vietnam visa on arrival.
Denios

Unread postby Ully » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Hello Everyone,
Me and my husband will travel to Cambodia in December, I asked the Vietnam Embassy for visa prices in UK, quoted me for £54/ each for single entry visa, I found it expensive as we will stay there for only few days. I read already somewhere on the forum that is cheaper way to apply for it while we are in Cambodia.
Can anyone help me where we could do it, how long does it take and how much would it be the price?
(We are planning to cross the boarder by bus, would like to see more of both country and I think in that case can not have e-visa.)
Many thanks in advance!!
Ully

Unread postby Karic » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Ully wrote:Hello Everyone,
Me and my husband will travel to Cambodia in December, I asked the Vietnam Embassy for visa prices in UK, quoted me for £54/ each for single entry visa, I found it expensive as we will stay there for only few days. I read already somewhere on the forum that is cheaper way to apply for it while we are in Cambodia.
Can anyone help me where we could do it, how long does it take and how much would it be the price?
(We are planning to cross the boarder by bus, would like to see more of both country and I think in that case can not have e-visa.)
Many thanks in advance!!

You can have Vietnam visa both in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, it is around $70 for single entry visa.
Karic

Unread postby Englale » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am

Can I get a visa for Vietnam in the US before going or in Siem Reap or Chaing Mai? Or Luang Prabang? I don't want to linger in Bangkok. Thanks-
Englale

Unread postby Karic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Yes, you can get Vietnam visa before entering Vietnam by applying at Vietnam Diplomatic Mission abroad, see at: http://www.vietnam-visa-service.com/inf ... assies.asp
Karic

Unread postby Cheley » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:08 pm

I called the Vietnam embassy today to inquire how much it would be to apply for a visa via the mail as proposed on their website. Specifically what the fees where and how much to write the check out for. I was told 1 person, 1 entry, staying for less than a month would be $100. But every where else I've read, forums and apply online sites say $45. Am i missing something here? That seems like a pretty big discrepancy.
Cheley

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Cheley wrote:I called the Vietnam embassy today to inquire how much it would be to apply for a visa via the mail as proposed on their website. Specifically what the fees where and how much to write the check out for. I was told 1 person, 1 entry, staying for less than a month would be $100. But every where else I've read, forums and apply online sites say $45. Am i missing something here? That seems like a pretty big discrepancy.

Yes, it usully cost more to apply at Embassy than getting visa on arrival with an approval letter.
Cadric

Unread postby Jilty » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Can anyone help me out? I've gone to the Vietnam embassy's website and downloaded the instructions and application for a visa but it doesn't say how much it costs. I tried to call there but just got voicemail.
Is there any other way to do this other than sending in your original passport? That's kind of dicey.
Thanks,
Jilty

Unread postby Fabio » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Vietnam Embassy never public their cost for visa. If you want to now, you have to go there.
Fabio

Unread postby Icarus » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:54 am

I realise i have left getting a visa to Vietnam kinda late-I live in far north Queensland and my husband and I fly to Singapore on Christmas day. I have heard that Bangkok is a good place to get a Vietnam visa-I wonder how long this takes and just what the procedure is as we had planned on including Bangkok in our travels so that might save time. Or can we get one in Singapore and again-how long will that take?
Icarus

Unread postby Cadric » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

Icarus wrote:I realise i have left getting a visa to Vietnam kinda late-I live in far north Queensland and my husband and I fly to Singapore on Christmas day. I have heard that Bangkok is a good place to get a Vietnam visa-I wonder how long this takes and just what the procedure is as we had planned on including Bangkok in our travels so that might save time. Or can we get one in Singapore and again-how long will that take?

Normally it takes 5 working days (1 week) to apply Vietnam visa at Embassy. If you get flight to Vietnam we recommend visa on arrival service.
Cadric

Unread postby Idra » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 am

Hi,
Don't know why the Embassy site does not put up what the fees are for visa's.
Tried to ring several times but just rang out..ggrrrrrr
I do beieve that the1 month tourist visa to Vietnam is now $85.00 p/p scince Jan 2013.
Any updates please?
Thank you.
Idra

Unread postby Karic » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:07 am

Embassy never discloses their fee. For visa on arrival service fee you can see at : https://www.vietnam-visa-service.com
Karic

Return to Vietnam visa at Embassies