Page 1 of 1

Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:53 pm
by Trvlots
When I apply for multi-entry visa with visa on arrival, will I have to go to visa on arrival booth each time I enter the country or is it enough only once i.e. when I go the first time they will put a multi entry stamp and I can directly go to normal visa line next time I enter, correct?

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:54 pm
by Vietvis
Right, Immigration Officer at airport will stick type of visa permitted in your approval letter (in your case is multiple entries visa). Next time you will do nothing but show passport like others, no need to get more visa.

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm
by Ougte
Hi,
I'm planning to visit Vietnam towards the end of the year. I am also planning to travel through Laos and Cambodia and due to the route I've chosen (and the route needed to meet up with my girlfriend) I will need to enter Vietnam twice.
Can I do this on a single visa or will I be required to buy one per entry? Currently planning to enter twice in one month.
Thank you.

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:14 pm
by Barba
You will need 1 month multiple entries visa, you can enter and exit as many times as you can without any fee.

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:27 am
by Angela
Hello, I will arrive by plane to Ho Chi Min at 31 of July and i will departure at 1 of September from the same airport, but during this period I want to visit Camboya some days so I wont be more than 30 days in Vietnam. So, My question is if I need 1 month visa multiple or other one.

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am
by Barba
Angela wrote:Hello, I will arrive by plane to Ho Chi Min at 31 of July and i will departure at 1 of September from the same airport, but during this period I want to visit Camboya some days so I wont be more than 30 days in Vietnam. So, My question is if I need 1 month visa multiple or other one.

Hi,
Vietnam Immigration Office issues 1 month and 3 months visa only, there is no 2 months or 1.5 month visa.
1 month visa is counted from a day of a specific month to that day of the next month.
If you get 1 month visa from 31 July, the last day in the visa would be 31 August.
During that period if you exit and enter Vietnam again you have to apply for multiple entries visa.
You departure on 1 Sep, it is 1 day later than the validity of your visa and at the airport you might be fine for illegal stay. I do not know how much the penalty, some people said about $30-100, depending on the fault.
You should consider 3 plans:
- 3 month multiple entries visa (the safest way)
- 1 month multipe entries visa (with the posibility of getting fined for exiting late)
- 2 one month single entry visas (The first visa for flight from your country to Vietnam, the second one for flight from Cambodia to Vietnam)
Depending on the number of people in your group, the price varies, please check and calculate the fee at: http://www.tuanlinhtravel.com/Vietnam/v ... cation.htm

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:26 pm
by Laysa
Hi. We have a question about the tourist Visa in Vietnam. We will arrive to Ho chi minh airport on 16th october and we have the departure flight on 19th november. So, we will spend more than one month travelling. And also we would like to visit Laos between these dates. Could you please explain us which visa we should apply for? Thanks a lot

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:32 pm
by Denios
Vietnam Immigration Office issues 1 month and 3 months visas.
In your case you should apply for 2 one-month-single-entry visas or 1 three-month-multiple-entries visa.
Total fees for those visas are almost the same, only some $ less for 1 month single visa but you have to apply 2 times.
Please check fee and calculate at: http://www.tuanlinhtravel.com/Vietnam/visa/application.htm

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:13 pm
by Iago
Hi Board,
I have a question regarding VISA to Vietnam and hop that some of you can entlighten me. I have received different recommendations on what to do.
Our plan is that we arrive in Ho Chi Minh airport on the Feb 21st and will travel to Cambodia on Mar 23th to 27th. After this we will fly back to Vietnam and stay there untill Apr. 6th.
As far as I have read we need a multi entry because we enter Vietnam twice in a short period or am I wrong but I'm now informed by a VOA agency that we only need a 15 days turist VISA? Besides that as I can count we will not stay in Vietnam for more than 14 days but enter twice.
Do I need a Multi entry visa or can I enter on a single turist VISA(15 days), evendough I enter Vietnam twice.
Looking forward to you assistance.

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:15 pm
by Iloboha
Iago wrote:Hi Board,
I have a question regarding VISA to Vietnam and hop that some of you can entlighten me. I have received different recommendations on what to do.
Our plan is that we arrive in Ho Chi Minh airport on the Feb 21st and will travel to Cambodia on Mar 23th to 27th. After this we will fly back to Vietnam and stay there untill Apr. 6th.
As far as I have read we need a multi entry because we enter Vietnam twice in a short period or am I wrong but I'm now informed by a VOA agency that we only need a 15 days turist VISA? Besides that as I can count we will not stay in Vietnam for more than 14 days but enter twice.
Do I need a Multi entry visa or can I enter on a single turist VISA(15 days), evendough I enter Vietnam twice.
Looking forward to you assistance.

You need 3 months, multiple entries visa. Alternatively, you can apply for 2 (two) one month single entry tourist visas

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 am
by Indiana
Please help , totally confused . Booked a package deal to vietnam and cambodia but just checked artillery and we initially fly to Ho Chi Minh there 2 hours before we fly to Siem reap cambodia have a few days there then back to Ho Chi Minh , nah trang and Hanoi . So does this mean we need multiple entry visa , or as we do not leave airport from vietnam to cambodia is it classed as on transit and only need single entry as I've been told .

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 am
by Fabio
Indiana wrote:Please help , totally confused . Booked a package deal to vietnam and cambodia but just checked artillery and we initially fly to Ho Chi Minh there 2 hours before we fly to Siem reap cambodia have a few days there then back to Ho Chi Minh , nah trang and Hanoi . So does this mean we need multiple entry visa , or as we do not leave airport from vietnam to cambodia is it classed as on transit and only need single entry as I've been told .

- Please double check with your air ticket agent, if you just sit inside the airport and wait for flight to Cambodia you do not need apply for multiple entries.
With information you provided it is most likely that this is a transit only and you do not need multiple entries visa..

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:49 am
by Inigo
I am flying into Ho Chi Minh in October and would like to visit phu quoc when I am there then back to Ho Chi Minh to get my flight. Would this require a multiple entry visa? Also is VOA recommended? Cheers!

Re: Multiple-entry? 1 visa or some visas?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:50 am
by Karic
Inigo wrote:I am flying into Ho Chi Minh in October and would like to visit phu quoc when I am there then back to Ho Chi Minh to get my flight. Would this require a multiple entry visa? Also is VOA recommended? Cheers!

Phu Quoc is a Vietnam island, you do not need multiple entries visa.
Yes, VOA is the best way to get Vietnma entry visa..