Need 1 month or 3 month visa?

Information about Vietnam visa types, tourist, business visa, ...

Need 1 month or 3 month visa?

Unread postby Emmy » Wed May 21, 2014 10:31 am

Hello Fellow Vietnam Travellers!!!
I am planning a trip to Vietnam arriving in Hanoi on 6 November and travelling down to Ho Chi Minh City before flying to Phnom Penh, Cambodia on about 27 November. I will be travelling in Cambodia until 7 December before planning on catching a Cambodia Angkor Air flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City to catch my Vietnam Airlines flight back to Sydney on the same date.
The million dollar question is???..... as I will be arriving back into Ho Chi Minh Airport on 7 December 2014 to catch a flight back to Sydney, will the 30 day single entry tourist Visa I plan on getting which would have started on 6 November 2012 at the start of my trip be enough to allow me to catch my flight home??? My calculations are that it would have expired on 5 December 2014!!! I guess the crux of it all is will I be allowed into Ho Chi Minh Airport on 7 December 2014 to catch a flight home on the same date if I dont have a current visa??? Or, will I need to obtain a 3 month, multi entry visa which I think is silly as I wont even be leaving Ho Chi Minh Airport before I catch my flight home!!!!
Emmy

Re: Need 1 month or 3 month visa?

Unread postby Barba » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 am

I think you should select the safe way. Your visa is invalid at the end of 5 Dec so there is no reason that airline allow you to check-in flight to Vietnam on 7 Dec. Of course it is you to decide the smartest way, just my idea.
Barba

Unread postby Joeyl » Fri May 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi All
I know how stupid this is going to sound, but how long is a one month visa for entry to Vietnam? We are booked to fly into Hanoi on the 5th December and fly out of HCMC on 6th January. Will we need a one month or 3 month visa? We will need a multi entry visa as we are going to Siem Reap in the middle of the trip. Flights are booked out of HCMC already so we can not change to go to Cambodia at the end.
Many thanks
Dave
Joeyl

Unread postby Denios » Fri May 23, 2014 4:49 pm

1 month visa is reckoned from a day of a month to that day of the next month. In your case you have only 1 day stay more so the problem is minor, may be some fee for over-staying. But if you come back to Vietnam from Cambodia on the day that your visa invalid it would be a big problem as Immigration Officers will not allow you to enter Vietnam with an invalid visa.
Denios

Unread postby Ringdle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi, I am travelling to Vietnam in October and I'll be there for more than one month, so I am considering what type of visa do I need.
Is it possible (and LEGAL) to get 3 months (single entry) visa, if I am here ONLY for vaccation (travelling, sightseeing) and NOT for bussiness?
I'd like to arrange in advance visa (vith visa approval letter) through travel agents.
Many thanks for reply!
Ringdle

Unread postby Karic » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Ringdle wrote:Hi, I am travelling to Vietnam in October and I'll be there for more than one month, so I am considering what type of visa do I need.
Is it possible (and LEGAL) to get 3 months (single entry) visa, if I am here ONLY for vaccation (travelling, sightseeing) and NOT for bussiness?
I'd like to arrange in advance visa (vith visa approval letter) through travel agents.
Many thanks for reply!

Vietnam Immigration Office issues 1 month and 3 months visa only so if you stay more than 1 month you have to apply for 3 months visa.
Tourist visa is max. 1 month, 3 months visa is classified as business visa but there is almost no difference between them, you can go and do the same.
Karic

Unread postby Catila » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am

Hello, We have a flight arrival and departuring from Hanoi, we are gonna spend 2 month travelling Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. We are wondering which is the best option, if get 1 month Vietnamese single visa and then in Laos or Cambodia get another 1 month single to take the flight or get a 3 month multientry Vietnamese visa. If the 3 month multientry visa is the best option, there''s any special requeriment for being a business visa? Thank you
Catila

Unread postby Cadric » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 am

You can either order two single-1-month visas or one 3-month-business-multiple visa. The fees to get Vietnam visa includes our service fee and stamping fee. These fees are published clearly in our website, you should calculate yourself to get your best price.
About business and tourist visa, they are classified by Immigration Office for their managing purpose. You can go and do the same regardless tourist or business visa.
Cadric

Unread postby Ignatius » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Good Morning, I''m sending this email because I have a question I would like to have the answer. I will visit Vietnam from the February 18th until March 19th. The fact that February has only 28 days, it would mean that I would stay for 30 exact days. So, I would like to know if I can get the 1 month visa or if I have to do another different visa because actually I''ll stay 1 month and 1 day (and at the same time I will only stay for 30 exact days). Thank you very much, Hope to have my question answered soon
Ignatius

Unread postby Karic » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Ignatius wrote:Good Morning, I''m sending this email because I have a question I would like to have the answer. I will visit Vietnam from the February 18th until March 19th. The fact that February has only 28 days, it would mean that I would stay for 30 exact days. So, I would like to know if I can get the 1 month visa or if I have to do another different visa because actually I''ll stay 1 month and 1 day (and at the same time I will only stay for 30 exact days). Thank you very much, Hope to have my question answered soon

Thanks for your interest in our visa service.
Vietnam Immigration Office issues visa from a day of a month to that day of the next month, regardless it is 28 or 31 days.
In your case you stay 1 day more, by law you will be fined at airport, sorry I don’t know how much it is, maybe $20 or more.
Of course you can extend your visa once you are in Vietnam but it takes time and even the fee higher than the fine 
To make it easy we recommend 3 months single entry visa, the fee is $5 higher than 1 month single entry visa but it helps feel easy when travelling.
You can check in our website to get the best option for your trip.
Karic

Return to Vietnam visa types