Online support

Vietnam visa help with Yahoo   Vietnam visa help with Skype   Send us email

Vietnam visa service - Twitter   Vietnam visa service - Pinterest   Vietnam visa service - Google Plus

 Laos PDR Visa Types

General Information | Visa on arrival | Visa at Embassies | Visa types | Visa exemption

Laos Visa Types

Tourist visa | Transit visa | Courtesy visa | Business visa | Visit visa | Diplomatic visa | Official visa

Tourist visa (T visa)

Tourist visa for Laos are available at Lao Embassies/Consulates abroad and at most Laos Internal ports of entry (Visa on arrival).
Tourist visas are for a single entry and valid within 2 months from the date of issue. It allows you to stay in Laos for up to 30 days, and can be extended for up to 30 days more.
If you plan to travel to Laos, and would like to get everything in order before your journey, you can apply to Laos Embassy/Consulate near your living place and wait 3-5 working days to have the visa issued.
Another way to get your Lao visa before arriving in Laos is to get it at the Lao Embassies/Consulates in its neighbor countries; Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, and Myanmar depends where you travel through.

Transit visa (Tr visa)
A Transit Visa for Laos is available for travelers transiting through Laos to a third country. Holders of this type of Laos visa can stay in Laos for up to 7 days. Work is prohibited and it is not extendable.
Travelers applying for a transit visa are required to show a proof of an onward journey (such as an air ticket and entry visa for the third country) within seven days.

Courtesy visa (B1 visa)
The Courtesy Visa is for foreign experts and their spouses and children holding diplomatic, official and ordinary passports taking assignments under bilateral cooperation or grant assistance projects for the Government of Laos.
The courtesy visa is exempted from Laos visa fee. Multiple entry visas for a period of 6 months can be obtained and can be renewed every 6 months till the completion of their assignments.

Business visa (B2 visa)

A Business Visa is for businesspersons, or those will be working in Laos, who hold ordinary passports and have someone to sponsor them (a company or individual in Laos).
A multiple entry visa can be obtained for a period of 3 months, 6 months or 1 year from Lao Embassies/Consulates abroad (provided that it is arranged in advance).
Your sponsor in Laos (a company, an individual or an organization that you will be working with) must go to the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Vientiane to request a visa for you by offering a guarantee.
Once this request is approved by the MFA, the approval will be communicated to the Lao Embassy specified by your sponsor at the time s/he requested the visa in Vientiane.
Your sponsor then needs to give you a proof of MFA's approval as you will be asked for it (can be a copy of the approved letter or just its reference number). Once you have this, you then can apply for the business visa for Laos at the specified Lao Embassy or Laos checkpoints (on your arrival).
The process is normally takes 1-3 months and you need to have someone in Laos to do it for you.

Visit visa (B3 visa)

Visit visa for Laos is for citizens of countries that don't have a visa exemption agreement with Laos, who hold ordinary passports and intend to visit relatives working or living in Laos. It is available from Lao Embassies/Consulates abroad.
Visitors holding this type of Laos visa can remain in Laos for up to 30 days and can extend by up to a further two months, but are not entitled to work or apply for multiple entry visas.
Applicants for a Laos visit visa need to have a proof of a sponsor in Laos (a guarantee letter certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Laos), and need to allow at least 3-5 working days for Embassies/Consulates to issue the visa.

Diplomatic Visa (A1 visa)
A Diplomatic Visa is issued to diplomatic passport holders, including consular officers, heads of the United Nations Agencies and International Organizations, and their spouses and children.
The diplomatic visa is exempted from a visa fee. Multiple entry visas for a period of one year can be obtained and can be renewed each year till the completion of assignments.

Official Visa (A2 visa)
The Official Visa is similar to the diplomatic one (exempted from Laos visa fee), however, it is for staff members of Diplomatic Missions, Consulates, United Nations Agencies and other International Organizations and their spouses and children holding official passports.
Multiple entry visas for a period of one year can be obtained and can be renewed every year till the completion of their assignments.